- Conduct training needs analysis.
- Analyze learners to target training.
- List tasks to determine course scope.
- Analyze tasks to determine course content.
- Write performance-based objectives.
- Design tests and exercises.
- Select instructional methods.
- Determine course structure.
- Develop training materials.
- Validate course design.
- Prepare for delivery.
- Apply a learning strategy.
- Incorporate principles of adult learning.
- Employ effective speaking skills.
- Implement visual aids.
- Manage difficult learners.
- Assess your instructional strengths and weaknesses.
- Evaluate course effectiveness.
Note: This workshop is delivered using the Adobe Connect platform, however the content has been designed to apply to a wide variety of virtual classroom platforms.
For anyone who must design, develop, or deliver training. Whether your courses will be delivered in a classroom, on the job, online in a virtual environment, or through e-learning, this workshop will help you succeed. This workshop is ideal for those who are new to training and is also suitable for those who have been in the field for a few years and would like to add new best practices to their skill set.
- A complete step-by-step needs analysis process.
- 5 data collection techniques.
- The 7 factors of job performance.
- A highly effective checklist for isolating the cause of a performance gap.
- The most critical things you need to know about learners.
- How to develop performance-based content.
- How much theory/background material to include in a course.
- 8 errors to avoid in task listing.
- How to conduct a thorough task analysis (with multiple examples for different types of content).
- Tips for making course content meaningful and relevant to learners.
- How to deal with "soft" skills (e.g. customer service, management, sales, leadership, etc.).
- How to create a solid design even if you are brand new to training.
- How to write objectives quickly and easily.
- When to test learners.
- The 4 major types of tests and how to design them.
- The best testing pattern for any course.
- 50 instructional methods you can use in your courses.
- How to incorporate a variety of methods into the training.
- 12 guidelines for selecting the most appropriate methods.
- How much practice to build into a lesson.
- An easy-to-use 6-step learning strategy for structuring your courses.
- How to make your courses modular.
- The best method of sequencing course content.
- The recommended way to set up instructor lesson plans.
- 13 items to put into instructor lesson plans.
- The secret to creating “shelf-resistant” course manuals.
- How to design handouts.
- The 3 crucial items to look for when piloting a new course.
- The 3 phases of course validation.
- A versatile checklist for assessing your courses.
- How to deal with anxiety of public speaking.
- 6 ways to set up a classroom for maximum engagement.
- 16 tips for organizing your classroom.
- 7 tried-and-true techniques to start a course on the right foot.
- How to apply the 6-step learning strategy.
- 15 tips for increasing learners' attention span.
- How to build group cohesiveness.
- Techniques for encouraging healthy competition.
- How to maximize learner application of content.
- 8 guidelines for managing instructional time efficiently.
- Selecting the best way to provide feedback to learners.
- 10 tips for meeting learners’ individual needs.
- The top 10 ways to increase learner motivation.
- How to guarantee everyone participates.
- How to make your courses fun and exciting.
- When to incorporate reviews and summaries.
- How to manage group dynamics.
- 14 proven methods to promote the transfer of new skills to the job.
- Employing effective communications skills.
- How to best implement visual aids.
- 3 levels of intervention for dealing with difficult behaviors/situations.
- How to assess your own progress as an instructor.
- The 4 levels of evaluation.
- 4 level 1 evaluation instruments.
- 3 sample evaluation forms.
- 4 level 2 evaluation instruments.
- How to measure learning.
- 6 level 3 evaluation instruments.
- How to measure improvements in job performance.
- 4 level 4 evaluation instruments.
- How to measure training’s impact on organizational results.
Please visit Adobe Connect's Tech Specs for the most current technical requirements.
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
30-day access to all recorded online sessions.
Free 1-year edit service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice or someone to discuss ideas with, just give us a call.