The key objectives for this program are:
- Establish and maintain the strategic direction of the training function.
- Manage the core processes of a high-performance training function.
- Implement key initiatives that will maximize the value of the training function.
- Apply a 5-step consultative approach to analyze training needs.
- Create the conditions that allow learners to apply knowledge and skills on the job.
For all training managers/directors who want to acquire and refine the key skills required to manage a successful, high-performance, and results-oriented training function.
- 7-step process for setting the strategic direction of the training function.
- How to hone your political savvy without compromising your integrity.
- A common sense approach to navigating the politics of training head-on.
- How to deal with those political traps typical to training.
- How to use politics to strategically influence outcomes.
- The best way to translate strategic objectives into training department objectives.
- How to write a mission statement for the training function.
- Tips for dealing with senior management.
- A simple bottom-up approach to forecasting training needs.
- How to create strategic and operational training plans.
- How to influence budgeting decisions.
- Tips for establishing policies that will focus training activities and guide decision-making.
- How to market yourself and your department.
- How to cut costs and spend wisely.
- The most comprehensive set of best practices for training managers/directors.
- Practical and tangible solutions to your unique problems.
- Proven methodologies for managing all aspects of a training function.
- How to manage the needs analysis process.
- How to select the most appropriate training strategies.
- A simple approach to calculate the costs and benefits of training programs.
- A comprehensive set of tools and techniques to manage the design of your training programs.
- How to deal with the most critical instructional design challenges.
- An effective method for prioritizing course content to meet tight deadlines.
- 12 simple tools for managing all aspects of the delivery of training programs.
- How to manage the course evaluation process simply and easily.
- Tips for coaching trainers to higher levels of performance.
- How to build a highly effective training team that produces consistent results.
- 5 practical forms to assess the core competencies of your staff.
- How to assess and select the best vendors and consultants.
- A series of 12 tools you can use to market and promote your training products and services.
- How to systematically manage the change to performance consulting.
- A detailed, step-by-step roadmap for planning a smooth transition.
- How to carefully prepare staff for the transition.
- 10 tips for dealing with the barriers to performance consulting.
- How to sell the strategic benefits of performance consulting.
- How to demonstrate and boost training’s absolute value to the organization.
- A step-by-step process for implementing a performance scorecard customized to the training function.
- Tips for linking your scorecard to business results.
- How to create a balanced set of performance indicators.
- A structured method for selecting the most meaningful performance metrics.
- The best way to communicate results, including several examples.
- How to apply a dollar value added approach to estimate training's contribution.
- How to write a winning business case for critical training and performance initiatives.
- When (and when not) to prepare a business case.
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Langevin's Make Your Training Stick resource guide (available as an Adobe® Acrobat® file). Simply download it from your personal My Langevin website.
Free e-learning sample module:
Training Needs Analysis – a $599 value.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice or someone to discuss ideas with, just give us a call.