The key objectives for this program are:
- Assist your organization in improving job performance through training and non-training solutions.
- Apply influencing skills to obtain a person's commitment to take action for the benefit of both parties.
- Define, plan, and coordinate a training project on time, within resource requirements, and to specifications.
For trainers who want to make the transition to performance consultant and maximize the impact they have on organizational performance.
- A consulting approach that is realistic for trainers.
- How to avoid the politics of becoming a "performance consultant."
- How to gain credibility and secure top management support.
- Tips for building collaborative relationships in the organization.
- How to guide your clients through the performance improvement process.
- A proven method of understanding "true" performance needs.
- Key questions for identifying required and actual performance.
- How to apply active listening techniques.
- Tips for crafting questions that open up dialogue.
- The signs of client discomfort or resistance.
- Guidelines for handling resistance or challenges.
- 7 major causes of performance gaps.
- A step-by-step technique to determine the causes.
- Where to find the evidence – over 70 sources.
- A wide range of analysis tools and techniques.
- How to guide clients through a decision-making process.
- Over 50 types of performance improvement solutions.
- Will the solution work? Asking quintessential questions.
- Write a report of findings and recommendations.
- A simple approach for setting targets and identifying outcomes.
- How to maximize your contribution by adopting the most effective role.
- How to apply a powerful and ethical influencing process that produces consistent results.
- How to maximize your capacity to get things done.
- Tips for assessing key relationships as a foundation for successful influencing.
- How to identify the scope of people you can reach.
- The boundaries of your influence.
- How to project the best image you possibly can.
- How to determine your current power base.
- Over 75 tips to expand your earned power.
- How to apply power without jeopardizing your relationships.
- How to persuade others to take action – through commitment rather than compliance.
- Proven techniques for building a compelling win/win case.
- A simple 5-step technique for setting a realistic and achievable objective.
- When to proceed with your objective – and when to hold back.
- How to identify the decision-maker and all the key players.
- The 5 most effective strategic courses of action.
- How to build a persuasive case that will generate win/win outcomes.
- How to convince others to buy into decisions without pulling rank.
- How to speak the other person's language and get your message across with impact.
- How to gauge an individual's positive and negative reactions to your ideas.
- How to present your views in a persuasive way, using both logic and vision.
- How to effectively embrace resistance and turn a situation around.
- Effective strategies for dealing with the 6 types of challenging behaviors.
- 6 easy steps to end a discussion with clear and concrete "to do" items.
- How to persuade individuals at all levels of your organization – even when you don't have formal authority.
Project Management Skills
- Step-by-step procedures and specific tools for managing all phases of a training project.
- Define the project objective.
- Get support from other parties in the organization.
- Determine the project priorities.
- Identify project tasks.
- Estimate the duration of tasks.
- Identify staff skills and availability.
- Assign staff to project tasks.
- Chart a project schedule.
- Select outside vendors for appropriate tasks.
- How to establish solid control of your projects.
- Supervise development of the project.
- Techniques for dealing professionally with people (even the problem types).
- Report project status.
- Resolve differences between project team members.
- Produce a lessons learned report.
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Langevin's Project Management for Trainers resource guide (available as an Adobe® Acrobat® file). Simply download it from your personal My Langevin website.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice or someone to discuss ideas with, just give us a call.