For training professionals who must create and facilitate blended, performance-based courses using a variety of training strategies.
- Myths and realities of blended learning.
- How blended learning can significantly reduce the cost per learner.
- How to integrate blended learning decisions into your standard Instructional Systems Design (ISD) process.
- Key elements of a performance-based blend.
- Over 50 possible constraints to consider.
- How the type of content directly impacts your blended learning decisions.
- A versatile formula for prioritizing content.
- How to address pre-determined/mandated solutions.
- Creative techniques for blending traditional and e-learning strategies.
- How to target the most critical course content.
- Best practices in blended learning design.
- How to customize learning to meet diverse needs.
- The advantages and disadvantages of core training strategies.
- Over 30 specific selection criteria.
- How to validate the feasibility of selected strategies.
- Comprehensive strategy selection tools.
- How to optimize the blend of strategies.
Blend Performance Support Activities
- 35 proven performance support activities (PSAs).
- How to deal with "nice to know" content.
- How to address realistic course design constraints.
- A 5-point feasibility checklist.
- 20 practical vehicles for implementing PSAs.
- 10 criteria for validating performance-based blended learning programs.
- Key questions to ask when a project is assigned to you.
- Tips for planning a successful design project.
- What short-cuts to take if design time is limited (and which ones not to take).
- How to estimate design time.
- 4 factors to consider in determining design priorities.
- How to best use job aids in training.
- How to compile a complete project for management/client approval.
- The most critical things you need to know about learners.
- Where to find information about learners.
- What to do if learners have diverse backgrounds.
- How to develop performance-based content.
- How much theory/background material to include in a course.
- 8 errors to avoid in task listing.
- How to conduct a thorough task analysis (with multiple examples for different types of content).
- Tips for making course content meaningful and relevant to learners.
- How to prioritize course content to keep it lean.
- How to deal with "soft" skills (e.g. customer service, management, sales, leadership, ethics, etc.).
- How to work effectively with SMEs, clients, and line managers (and your own boss).
- How to create a solid design even if you aren't an expert.
- How to write objectives quickly and easily.
- The 4 major types of tests and how to design them.
- How to determine if pre- or post-course work is required.
- 50 instructional methods you can use in your courses.
- How to incorporate a variety of methods into the training.
- How much practice to build into a lesson.
- A 6-step learning strategy for structuring your courses.
- How to make your courses modular.
- The best method of sequencing course content.
- Proven principles of adult learning.
- How to keep materials at the best reading level.
- The recommended way to set up instructor lesson plans.
- 22 items to put into instructor lesson plans.
- How to design materials for inexperienced instructors.
- How to design handouts.
- The secret to creating “shelf-resistant” course manuals.
- How to create easy-to-update materials.
- The 3 phases of course validation.
- A versatile checklist for assessing your courses or vendor materials.
- The 4 types of evaluation.
- Items to include in course evaluations.
- 5 sample evaluation forms.
- The most common issues for new instructors and how to overcome them.
- How to minimize nervousness and anxiety.
- How to project confidence.
- 7 vital facts about how adults learn.
- Over 25 tips on speaking skills.
- When to be dynamic and energetic versus relaxed and easy-going.
- How to create a great climate for learning.
- How to build rapport with your learners.
- Techniques to improve your vocal inflection.
- How to use gestures to reinforce your message.
- 14 tips for a dynamic speaking style.
- How to give polished demonstrations.
- Tips (and practice) in leading a discussion.
- 8 laws of classroom motivation.
- How to increase learners' enthusiasm.
- Simple techniques to get everyone to participate.
- How to create and maintain a fun learning environment.
- Tips for giving proper feedback to learners.
- An easy-to-use 6-step strategy for structuring your courses.
- How a lesson should flow.
- 7 WIIFM techniques for presenting benefits to learners.
- The best way to provide feedback to learners.
- Guidelines for conducting meaningful reviews and summaries.
- How to use visual aids effectively.
- The do’s and don’ts of multimedia slides.
- The top 10 flipchart techniques.
- An arsenal of techniques for handling problem people.
- How to stay in control during difficult situations.
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal MyLangevin website.
Free e-learning sample module: Training Needs Analysis – a $599 value.
Free 1-year edit service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.