Making e-Learning Work
3 days | $2,199
This workshop gives you a straightforward, streamlined process for creating interactive and engaging e-learning. Learn how to blend a rich variety of methods and media for Web-Based Training (WBT) and Computer-Based Training (CBT). Return to your job with the key skills and confidence to design robust e-learning that goes far beyond boring "page turners."
This workshop is focused on instructional design principles for e-learning rather than the technical authoring/programming of a course.
Learn more »
Enroll in Web-Based Training
Want Us to Come to You? Request On-Site Training
Clients who were unable to attend this workshop recommend the following product(s):
This self-study kit is aimed at training professionals who are looking for a step-by-step process ... | Learn more »
This e-learning module gives you a faster needs analysis approach that is realistic in today's cl... | Learn more »
- Choose the best WBT delivery strategy.
- Work effectively with the Technical Department.
- Determine constraints affecting course design.
- Plan a WBT project.
- Analyze learners to tailor e-learning to their needs.
- Determine the course content.
- Write the objectives of the course.
- Design effective web-based tests and exercises.
- Choose creative web-based presentation methods.
- Select interactive web-based application methods
- Determine the most effective feedback techniques.
- Select the right web-based media.
- Script the detailed design of the course.
- Design a solid web-based course structure.
- Create a comprehensive course framework.
- Apply adult learning principles to maximize learner retention.
- Select a Learning Management System that meets your e-learning needs.
- Choose the right authoring tool.
- Validate the course for instructional soundness and usability.
- Evaluate the results of e-learning.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format as well as e-learning resources and links. Simply download the templates from your personal My Langevin website.
Free e-learning sample module:
Training Needs Analysis – a $599 value.
Free 1-year edit service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For anyone who must design or evaluate WBT/CBT, work with vendors, manage designers, or make decisions about e-learning.
What You Will Learn
- The 4 main e-learning strategies.
- How to select the most effective strategy.
- How to blend various e-learning and traditional training strategies to maximize learning.
- How to plan a successful e-learning project.
- The most suitable type of content for each strategy.
- How to determine specific design constraints affecting e-learning.
- 6 fundamental tips to establish a solid working relationship with your technical department.
- 10 key questions to determine potential technical constraints.
- How to estimate design time.
- How to assemble a highly productive e-learning team.
- A step-by-step instructional design process.
- How to target e-learning to your audience.
- A simple worksheet for conducting a quick and thorough learner analysis.
- How to determine course content.
- 3 different types of content.
- 4 factors to consider when determining design priorities.
- A simple formula for prioritizing course content.
- How to work effectively with subject-matter experts.
- How to build job relevance into e-learning.
- How to write course objectives that guarantee learner success.
- How to design performance-based tests that work on the web.
- 16 application methods for creating interactive exercises.
- Guidelines for creating 7 different types of quiz questions.
- 20 creative methods for presenting content on the web.
- How to select the most effective instructional methods for e-learning.
- How to provide tangible feedback to learners even for online tutorials.
- 12 proven web-based media techniques to facilitate learning.
- How to use graphics and animation to bring your course to life.
- How to use audio and video effectively.
- How to build a course structure that works for all e-learning strategies.
- A design worksheet to create a complete script of the course.
- When to incorporate storyboards.
- 10 ways to create a user-friendly course framework.
- 8 proven strategies to ensure that learners won’t quit mid-way.
- Over 50 tips for applying adult learning principles to e-learning.
- A 50-point worksheet for selecting a Learning Management System (LMS) that best meets your e-learning needs.
- How to choose an authoring tool to maximize productivity.
- 20 tips for conducting a design prototype session.
- 3 proven techniques to test your e-learning courses.
- 30 criteria to validate your WBT or CBT design.
- How to stay involved in WBT beta testing.
- A simple form for gathering insightful reactions during a pilot session.
- How to evaluate the 4 outcomes of e-learning.
- 50 possible items to include in an evaluation, including 2 sample forms.
- Top 10 major e-learning design flaws.
© 2014 Langevin. All rights reserved.