Training Needs Analysis
A Step-by-Step Procedure
1 day |$599
This workshop gives you a faster needs analysis approach that is realistic in today's climate. It shows you how to apply a highly effective procedure for determining whether or not training is the solution to a job performance problem. Return to your job with the key skills and confidence to gain acceptance and recognition for your recommendations to management.
Learn more »
Not Ready to Enroll?
- Plan a needs analysis system.
- Design questionnaires/surveys.
- Design interviews.
- Analyze job performance.
- Determine causes and solutions for job performance problems.
- Determine when (and when not) to train.
- Determine the cost-benefits of training.
- Write proposal.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For course designers, training analysts, senior instructors, and managers of training who have (or wish to have) input into major decisions about training.
What You Will Learn
- A complete step-by-step needs analysis process.
- 8 approaches to needs analysis.
- When not to do a needs analysis.
- Where to start.
- Common errors to avoid.
- Key questions to ask at the start of every needs analysis.
- A systematic needs analysis worksheet.
- How to avoid unnecessary training.
- The 7 most common data collection techniques.
- How to design effective surveys.
- 15 tips for getting high rates of return.
- Dozens of sample survey items.
- Types of interviews.
- How to plan and conduct an interview.
- Guidelines for measuring and observing employee performance.
- How to handle a request for training.
- A simple 5-step performance analysis approach.
- 7 major causes of performance problems.
- A highly effective checklist for isolating the cause.
- 4 techniques for confirming the cause.
- When to train (and when not to).
- Non-training solutions for non-training issues.
- How to prove that training is valuable.
- The true cost of training.
- The true cost of not training.
- Where to find data on the benefits of your training.
- A quick method of estimating cost-benefits.
- How to calculate the return on investment (ROI) of training.
- Guidelines for writing a training proposal/report to management.
- How to gain acceptance for your recommendations.
© 2015 Langevin. All rights reserved.