All the Basics
2 days | $1,399
This practical workshop is geared toward new training professionals. It provides you with a strong "how-to" overview of the entire training function: Needs Analysis, Design/Development, Delivery, and Evaluation. You will leave the workshop confident and fully prepared to tackle any training assignment!
Learn more »
Not Ready to Enroll?
- Apply the principles of adult learning to your training.
- Determine when (and when not) to train employees.
- Apply a needs analysis system.
- Determine causes and solutions to job performance problems.
- Analyze learners' background to target a course accurately.
- Apply a course design system.
- Conduct a task analysis to determine course content.
- Select the appropriate training strategy.
- Select the most effective instructional methods.
- Create lesson plans.
- Employ effective public speaking skills.
- Employ lecturing techniques that motivate participants.
- Plan your continued development as a training professional.
- Measure the effectiveness of your courses.
- Apply techniques to market and promote training in your organization.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For new training professionals and for other trainers who want an overview of the entire training function.
What You Will Learn
- Components of the Training Cycle.
- How to impact organizational goals.
- 6 principles of adult learning and how to apply them.
- Key factors in learner motivation.
- Competencies of trainers.
- 12 traits of a course leader and how to acquire them.
- The secret equation to performance-based training.
- 9 training needs analysis situations.
- How to plan a complete needs analysis.
- 6 data collection techniques.
- Key questions to ask in every needs analysis.
- The 7 key factors in job performance.
- 21 questions to identify causes of performance problems.
- The 15 things you need to know about learners.
- How to design courses that are guaranteed to be effective and popular.
- 10 key factors for a successful course.
- The 12-step instructional design cycle.
- How to select the best training strategy.
- What you must know about your audience.
- How to select relevant course content.
- The 3 essential parts of every program.
- How to link training objectives to the learners' job.
- 50 instructional methods.
- How to build learner practice into courses.
- A course structure guaranteed to work every time.
- How to construct the best lesson plan.
- How to overcome the 13 common problems of new instructors.
- 6 participative and lively lecture techniques.
- Key tasks of a classroom instructor.
- How to capture learners' attention.
- 29 tips to improve your speaking skills.
- Developing your own natural style.
- How to set up a classroom properly.
- 8 dynamic icebreakers and when to use them.
- How to establish an exceptional climate.
- Dozens of audio-visual tips to polish your presentation.
- How to project confidence and enthusiasm.
- How to handle tough classroom situations.
- How to evaluate learning in the classroom.
- Factors in transferring learning to the job.
- How to measure job performance.
- How to link results to the "bottom-line."
- 13 ways to promote the use of new skills.
- Tips to market you and your department.
Your Continued Development
- The core competencies of an effective training professional.
- A complete career development plan.
- Associations worth joining.
- How to find resource materials.
- The top books in Training & Development.
- Educational opportunities that won't interrupt your career.
- Professional Trainer Certification.
© 2014 Langevin. All rights reserved.