Project Management for Trainers
A Structured Method for Success
2 days |$1,399
This process-driven workshop is founded on the key skills of project management but has been specifically adapted to the training field. It gives you a structured method for professionally managing all aspects of a training project, from defining the scope and objectives of the project to preparing a report of lessons learned.
Learn more »
Enroll in Project Management for Trainers
Want Us to Come to You? Request On-Site Training
Clients who were unable to attend this workshop recommend the following product(s):
This practical ebook shows you how to secure buy-in and support for training and performance throu... | Learn more »
This process-driven ebook is designed to show you how to apply sound principles of project managem... | Learn more »
- Identify the project scope.
- Define the project objective.
- Determine the project priorities.
- Identify project tasks.
- Estimate time required to complete the project.
- Identify staff skills and availability.
- Assign staff to project tasks.
- Chart a project schedule.
- Select outside vendors for appropriate tasks.
- Supervise development of the project.
- Write project status reports.
- Organize effective meetings.
- Resolve differences between project team members.
- Document lessons learned.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For all training professionals who want a structured method for managing training projects.
What You Will Learn
- 6 key elements of a training project.
- How to organize and manage the project's infrastructure.
- The right questions to ask when launching a new project.
- How to define and verify the objective.
- How to get and keep the support of top management.
- Tips for brokering support from key players.
- How to manage priorities among other projects and tasks.
- How to track the progress of a project.
- How to establish solid control of your projects.
- How to identify the tasks required in a training project.
- Proven tricks of the trade in estimating task duration.
- How to avoid the 5 common pitfalls in time estimation.
- How to identify and assign staff to the project.
- How to create a schedule that optimizes time and resources.
- Tips for balancing the workload of your team.
- How to analyze and manage potential project risks.
- How to assess the need to contract out.
- How to assess, evaluate, and compare vendor proposals.
- Simple yet effective ways to keep your project flowing smoothly.
- How to gather information on project status.
- How to handle planning deviations early, before they get out of hand.
- A results-oriented method of presenting the facts to upper management.
- How to build group cohesiveness through team-building.
- When to call meetings (and when not to).
- A 10-step action plan for brief yet informative staff meetings.
- 4 ways of being a good "Project Coach."
- How to be an effective mediator and problem-solver.
- The 5 phases of mutual gain problem solving.
- How to handle difficult team members.
- How to monitor all phases of the project.
- How to set up a project evaluation system.
- How to effectively record the lessons learned in a project.
- How to identify and record what went right.
- How to analyze the areas that need improvement.
- Techniques that will inspire the next training project.
© 2014 Langevin. All rights reserved.