Make Your Training Stick
How to Maximize Your Results
1 day | $599
This practical workshop shows you how to secure buy-in and support for training and performance throughout your entire organization. It gives you a set of comprehensive tools and techniques to ensure that training really "sticks" back on the job - long after a course is completed.
Learn more »
Enroll in Make Your Training Stick
Want Us to Come to You? Request On-Site Training
Clients who were unable to attend this workshop recommend the following product(s):
This practical ebook shows you how to secure buy-in and support for training and performance throu... | Learn more »
This process-driven ebook is designed to show you how to apply sound principles of project managem... | Learn more »
- Sell the idea of training transfer to the organization.
- Create a training partnership between learners, trainers, and supervisors.
- Prepare potential learners for training.
- Create a transfer-friendly training environment.
- Help learners help themselves.
- Develop a transfer of training mind-set for learners, trainers, and supervisors.
- Conduct follow-up activities with supervisors and learners.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For training managers/directors who want to improve their training and make long-lasting improvement in employee performance.
What You Will Learn
- How to keep training on the agenda at all levels, right up to the top.
- A 5-step checklist for brokering support among managers and supervisors.
- The 4 major benefits for improving training transfer.
- How to develop and maintain solid lines of consultation.
- 3 ways to ensure training alignment with organizational objectives.
- A 7-point toolkit for you to form a training partnership in your organization.
- 7 ways to deal with the short "shelf life" of knowledge.
- 4 things to avoid when designing shelf-resistant, take-home materials.
- How to get learners to want to attend training for the right reasons.
- 4 ways job aids assist in the transfer of training.
- Tips for building rapport with learners.
- How to involve learners before they attend training.
- 6 tips to cover an employee's absence from the job.
- How to develop a results-based development plan for learners.
- How to win the support of even the most skeptical line supervisors.
- 16 ways to make training transfer-friendly.
- A 6-step system to maintain a productive classroom atmosphere.
- How to prevent outside disturbances.
- 5 ways to reduce classroom time.
- How to make an unavoidably long course work for you.
- How to relate practice to real situations.
- 6 stages of the learning strategy.
- 13 group activities that maximize training effectiveness.
- How to constantly demonstrate relevance to the work environment.
- How to motivate learners to create action plans.
- The 2 key action plan questions.
- How to get learners thinking about training transfer long before the first day of class.
- How to maintain learning long after the course is over.
- A follow-up system to ensure that knowledge is effectively transferred.
- How to monitor short- to medium-term progress.
- Post-course debriefing guidelines for supervisors.
- How to conduct a post-course interview with both learners and line supervisors.
- How to get ongoing support from the line supervisors for future projects.
- The 6 indicators of training transfer success.
- The 4 elements to include in a report to management.
- Simple, easy-to-use methods to ensure that training continues to "stick."
© 2014 Langevin. All rights reserved.