How Adults Learn
Connecting With Your Audience
1 day | $599
This essential workshop shows how to apply proven principles of adult learning to your training. It's filled with loads of techniques that will help you connect with your audience and build your credibility as a trainer so that you can consistently exceed learners' expectations. Learn a simple "recipe" for successful learning that will guarantee adult learners get the most out of your courses and discover powerful adult learning principles as you experience them yourself throughout the day.
Learn more »
Not Ready to Enroll?
- Define a strategy for successful learning.
- Incorporate adult learning principles in your training.
- Structure your training so learners can achieve required performance.
- Identify adults' preferred learning styles.
- Create training that addresses all learning styles.
- Incorporate techniques for learners to acquire, store, and retrieve information.
- Apply descriptive language techniques to trigger the senses.
- Frame questions to encourage deeper learning.
- Help adults facilitate their own learning.
- Employ memorable summary and review techniques.
- Determine if your training is geared towards adult learners.
- Increase the fun in your courses.
- Apply the power of enthusiasm.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Free 1-year edit service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For new training professionals who want proven methods for increasing the effectiveness of their training.
What You Will Learn
Structure of Training
- How to structure training to address all learning styles.
- Tools and techniques for incorporating vital adult learning principles into your courses.
- How to draw on your wealth of knowledge and skill to build a customized list of adult learning principles.
- A simple yet effective recipe that guarantees transfer of skills back on the job.
- What successful and unsuccessful learning looks, sounds, and feels like.
- A quick and easy technique to map out successful learning.
- How you can influence the learner and provide the conditions under which learning can take place.
- The factors you can control as a designer and instructor.
- A quick tool to assess different learning styles.
- Suggested training strategies for each learning style.
- How to adjust your course design and delivery to appeal to all styles.
- A comprehensive list of 62 adult learning principles.
Process of Learning
- Powerful techniques that allow learners to acquire and store information more easily and retain it longer.
- How to create powerful memory hooks.
- Guidelines for using techniques that trigger the senses, plus 21 examples.
- How to create similes, metaphors, analogies, allusions, personifications, anecdotes, and stories to enhance training.
- A grab bag of descriptive language to incorporate into your training.
- How to dig below surface-level questions to encourage deeper learning.
- 6 levels of questions to promote learning acquisition and retention.
- An easy-to-use worksheet for developing questions and expected answers.
- How to create an environment that motivates learners.
- 40 ways to help your learners help themselves in the classroom and on their own.
- A time-saving job aid that your learners can use to create quick summaries.
- A checklist of 150 actions to ensure adult learners get the most out of training.
- How to build memorable reviews and summaries into your training.
- Fun and easy-to-design review and summary methods.
- 6 guidelines for delivering a story.
- A sample story that you can use for your own training.
- A tool to help you assess your enthusiasm level.
- How to verify that you have applied adult learning principles to your courses.
© 2013 Langevin. All rights reserved.