Advanced Instructional Design
Developing Creative Materials
3 days |$1,999
This workshop is intended for those who already have a good foundation in basic instructional design and wish to advance to the next level. It gives you step-by-step, structured templates to simplify and speed up the design of creative instructional methods. Make your materials relevant for learners and foolproof for instructors.
Learn more »
Not Ready to Enroll?
Enroll in Advanced Instructional Design
Want Us to Come to You? Request On-Site Training
Clients who were unable to attend this workshop recommend the following product(s):
This self-study kit is designed for training professionals who want to write clear, concise, and p... | Learn more »
This ebook shows you how to design creative games that teach. Learn how to select, design, and fac... | Learn more »
This ebook is loaded with 55 creative training tools and techniques to make your courses lively an... | Learn more »
- Implement the 6-step "Learning Strategy" into all materials to assure proper course structure.
- Match the best methods of instruction to content and learners' needs.
- Build adult learning principles into course design.
- Design interactive lectures.
- Design discussions that build participation.
- Design behavior modeling presentations.
- Design focused and clear technical demonstrations.
- Design realistic practice exercises.
- Design performance checklists that guide learners in flawless performance.
- Design realistic simulations.
- Design peer reviews that work.
- Design role-plays using one of five variations.
- Design case studies that engage learners.
- Design games to apply content.
- Design debriefing sessions to enhance learning.
- Design feedback sessions that will help transfer skills to the job.
- Select the best format for lesson plans and leaders’ guides.
- Validate instructional methods and materials.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Free 1-year edit service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For trainers with at least one year's experience in design. Also intended for those who have attended a course in basic instructional design and wish to improve their development of materials for participants and instructors.
What You Will Learn
- How to simplify and speed up the course development process.
- The 6-step "Learning Strategy" for modular design.
- How to achieve higher levels of learner participation and interaction.
- Over 50 instructional methods and creative variations.
- How to build lively, interesting courses that increase learner motivation and maximize learning.
- How to create foolproof materials for instructors to deliver a course successfully.
- Strategies that ensure learning occurs and transfers to the job.
- How to use Langevin templates to create effective training and produce consistent results – even if you're not an expert.
- How to create highly interactive buzz sessions.
- Neighbor discussions for 100% participation.
- 11 interactive lecture variations.
- 7 tips for designing successful discussions.
- Interactive behavior modeling designs to add interest.
- Guidelines for designing powerful technical and software demonstrations.
Application (Practice) and Feedback Methods
- 10 ways to make role-plays realistic and easy for instructors to use.
- Tips for ensuring meaningful debriefing sessions.
- 4 key debriefing questions to assess learning and transfer to the job.
- How to design interactive case studies that are realistic.
- Simulations that include real-world standards and conditions.
- Guidelines for choosing the most effective feedback methods.
- A powerful peer review approach.
- Guidelines for designing successful and fun games.
© 2015 Langevin. All rights reserved.