Games in Training
This ebook shows you how to design creative games that teach. Learn how to select, design, and facilitate games that boost the fun factor while maximizing learning. Turn humdrum training into an exciting and memorable experience.
- Choose the best game for your content.
- Adapt an existing game to meet your training needs.
- Design a game from scratch.
- Facilitate a game so that maximum learning takes place.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the game.
Note: The focus of this resource kit is on instructional games rather than icebreakers, energizers, and puzzles.
eBooks are not refundable - all sales are final.
- How to choose/design training games that are meaningful to adult learners.
- 10 guaranteed advantages of games.
- How to get buy-in for using games in training.
- 7-step decision guide for deciding whether to use a game.
- How to select game content.
- 10 key questions for deciding if you should use the game in your training program.
- How to determine the learning goal of the game.
- Assessing the pros and cons of custom, frame, and off-the-shelf games.
- A comprehensive worksheet to guide your assessment of existing games.
- 10 easy steps for designing effective games.
- How to adapt off-the-shelf games to suit your needs.
- How to modify frame games by loading your own content.
- How to design custom games for your specific learning needs.
- 3 time-saving checklists for taking shortcuts.
- Techniques for designing a meaningful post-game debrief.
- 6 levels of probing questions to reinforce learning.
- Over 20 tips for validating the design of your game.
- A 12-step guide to prepare yourself for flawless game delivery.
- 7 practical tips for dealing with pre-game “jitters.”
- How to introduce games to maximize learner buy-in.
- 7 techniques for selling the benefits of games to learners.
- 4 quick tips for encouraging adults to play.
- 5 methods for choosing partners or teams.
- Tips for adjusting the game structure at the last minute.
- 7 techniques for speeding up and slowing down the pace of the game.
- How to deal with disruptive participant behaviors.
- 4 techniques for evaluating the game.
Upon purchase of this ebook, you will receive your personal My Langevin account that will give you access to all checklists, worksheets, and forms as job aids in Microsoft® Office Word template format.
© 2014 Langevin. All rights reserved.