Certified e-Learning Specialist
Accelerated Certification Program
5 days | $4,899
This extensive program takes the mystery out of e-learning. It shows you how to create and sell an effective e-learning strategy, design interactive web-based training, and manage e-learning projects on time and on budget. Learn how to apply a step-by-step, decision-making process to maximize your e-learning return on investment (ROI). Return to work with the confidence and skills to deliver the e-learning results that senior management wants and expects.
This leading-edge program provides the highest level of certification for e-learning professionals. It is focused on instructional design principles for e-learning rather than the technical authoring/programming of a course.
Learn more »
The key objectives for this program are:
- Apply a 5-step consultative approach to analyze training needs.
- Plan a web-based training project that is based on a defined training need.
- Design a web-based training program that is instructionally, functionally, and graphically effective for delivery on the Internet or an Intranet.
- Develop a comprehensive and cost-effective organization-wide e-learning strategy.
What You Will Receive
All the worksheets, checklists, and forms in Microsoft® Word template format. Simply download them from your personal My Langevin website.
Free e-learning sample module:
Training Needs Analysis – a $599 value.
Free 1-year edit service. Receive detailed feedback on your materials to help improve your courses.
Free telephone consultation. If you need advice, confirmation of a decision, or someone to discuss ideas with – just give us a call.
Who Should Attend
For anyone who must design or evaluate WBT, manage e-learning projects, or make strategic decisions about e-learning.
What You Will Learn
Creating an e-Learning Strategy
- How to create a comprehensive, cost-effective e-learning strategy that meets your organization's needs.
- The 4 main e-learning strategies.
- How to assess organizational readiness for e-learning.
- 24 core competencies required to implement e-learning.
- How to identify possible funding resources for an e-learning initiative.
- How to align e-learning objectives to your organization's strategic goals.
- A step-by-step worksheet for building a detailed inventory of current courses.
- 12 proven criteria for determining which courses to convert to e-learning.
- A fast and powerful technique for prioritizing courses.
- How to calculate the e-learning ROI quickly and easily.
- The value-added benefits of e-learning.
- How to identify the resources required to implement e-learning.
- Create a strategic plan to secure senior management approval.
- Mitigate potential risks.
- Assemble an e-learning steering committee.
- Establish e-learning measurements.
- Promote e-learning to maximize learner buy-in and commitment.
- Develop e-learning transfer strategies.
- A 50-point worksheet for selecting an LMS that best meets your needs.
- How to write a compelling strategic plan to secure management approval.
- How to determine the potential risks of launching an e-learning strategy.
- 15 tangible measurements to evaluate e-learning initiatives.
- 20 strategies for ensuring e-learning transfers back to the job.
- How to promote e-learning so that learners embrace the initiative.
- How to deal with the show-stopper question: "What percentage of our training should be e-learning?"
Planning a Successful e-Learning Project
- A step-by-step procedure for analyzing training and e-learning needs.
- When (and when not) to train.
- How to plan a successful e-learning project.
- How to select the most appropriate type of e-learning for each course.
- Creative techniques for blending different WBT strategies with traditional training methods to maximize learning.
- Specific design constraints that affect e-learning.
- 10 key questions to determine potential technical constraints.
- 6 fundamental tips to establish a solid working relationship with your Technical Department.
- The most suitable type of content for each strategy.
- How to target e-learning to your audience.
- How to estimate e-learning design time.
- How to assemble a highly productive e-learning team.
Designing Web-Based Training
- How to create robust e-learning that goes far beyond simply converting text-based materials into boring web-based “page turners.”
- Major e-learning design flaws and how to avoid them.
- Over 50 tips for applying adult learning principles to e-learning.
- How to write course objectives that guarantee learner success.
- 16 application methods for creating interactive exercises.
- How to design performance-based tests that work on the web.
- Guidelines for creating 7 different types of quiz questions.
- 20 creative methods for presenting content on the web.
- A rich variety of methods and media for creating highly interactive e-learning.
- How to select the most effective instructional methods for e-learning.
- Tips for designing simple and clear demonstrations regardless of the media used.
- How to build case studies that engage learners.
- How to design creative web-based role-plays.
- How to provide tangible feedback to learners even for online tutorials.
- 12 proven web-based media techniques to facilitate learning.
- How to build a course structure that works for all e-learning strategies.
- A design worksheet to create a complete script of the course.
- When to incorporate storyboards.
- 10 ways to create a user-friendly course framework.
- 8 proven strategies to ensure that learners won’t quit mid-way.
- How to choose an authoring tool to maximize productivity.
- 20 tips for conducting a design prototype session.
- How to validate the course for instructional soundness and usability .
- How to evaluate the 4 outcomes of e-learning.
- 50 possible items to include in an evaluation, including 2 sample forms.
© 2013 Langevin. All rights reserved.